5.26.2011

Seventeen Years Later

I made a decision to follow Christ on May 27, 1994. I didn't know the full meaning of that decision or prayer, but it was the best decision of my life. There were no tears or mystical moments--just my brother who prayed with me, my pastor who baptized me, and the sand and waves of the Zambales beach. I remember three other significant things that happened that day:

- I got connected to a small group. I learned how to walk with God with mentors and friends.
- I made a commitment to get into the Word. For someone who did not grow up with the Bible, that was life-changing.
- My faith was tested and persecution helped me grow--and quickly!

Thanks to Bhaoo, Pastor Ferdie, Pinky, Jeng, and everyone else who's been part of this journey. As we continue with our Ignite campus conference, I am thankful for being part of a ministry that believes in young people. It's a privilege to continue to help others walk with God and together serving His purpose in our generation. Seventeen years and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment