5.06.2011

Every day should be Mother's Day...

My mom is an avid fan of not just celebrating when it's a special day but showing appreciation every day of the year. Just like how we should celebrate Christ's birth and resurrection every day (not just during Christmas or Easter), she'd love for every day to be Mother's Day. And though as a daughter I try to appreciate her every day (and Papa too not just on Father's Day), here's something special for you this weekend, Mom! I am thankful I get to celebrate Mother's Day with you this year.

Mama, thank you for always being accommodating, loving, and kind. Thanks for serving us, for all the yummy food you make, and for teaching me to cook. Thanks for waking up early in the morning and getting me water late at night. Thanks for being willing to do anything for each of your children. Thanks for praying for all of us every day, including the future members of our family! Thanks for supporting me in my phases and seasons in life. Thanks for all the trips we've taken together and all the fun we've had. Thanks for all the laughter and maasti (mischief). Thanks for being my mom, but also for being my dearest friend and encourager. 

I love you! 
Every day really should be Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment