3.15.2012

Last Day of Classes

I love being a teacher because every semester is different. The students are different, the challenges are new and the tasks are overwhelmingly fun. Today's the last day of classes for this semester and I know I will miss seeing my students three times a week, their expressions when I tell them they have a quiz, and the fun we all have in class.

Here are some of the things I've learned over the last few semesters of teaching:

- Work smart. Don't spend too many hours checking papers or planning the lesson. Do your tasks efficiently and quickly. And don't let the papers pile up! First in, first out policy should apply as much as possible.

- Be on your toes with the students. Bring an extra dose of excitement and energy to class.

- Discern between honesty and "bola" (some students tell the teacher what she wants to hear to get a better grade). 

- Expect the best from them. Challenge them to do better.

- Enjoy each day! 

"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Carol Buchner

No comments:

Post a Comment