11.16.2010

Busy Cities

I love busy cities. New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Mumbai and Manila--there's something about traveling to, exploring and discovering these big cities that I absolutely love. I can't stand seeing a Starbucks that's closed at 9:00 pm. I don't enjoy not knowing how to get around. I would not know what to do if I had to stay home every day, all day.

Hong Kong, 2009
So it's completely ironic that I am currently living in Nashville, where taxis are available only if you call for one, buses are so rare I've never ridden in one here, and the mall closes at 6:00 pm on Sunday evenings. Sometimes I wonder how I have been able to survive.
Nashville, 2010

But I also love the serenity and scenery of Tennessee. You can drive a few miles and walk around the historic and quaint cities of Franklin, Nolensville and Leiper's Fork. You can give your eyes a break by staring into peaceful hills and valleys. You can also find great places to eat, shop and have fun with a little research and extra time.


At Radnor Lake with Mama, 2010

You can always be a tourist where you live, and you choose what to make of your city...Many of my friends who live in Nashville have commented that I have seen so much of this area in a year. It's been a subconsciously conscious journey to enjoy the sights here, and I am grateful I am able to enjoy where I'm at.

How about you, which cities do you love? What do you like or dislike about where you live?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a city girl at heart like you! I miss being able to walk anywhere (from when we lived in the heart of Ortigas Center) and jump on a bus or the MRT to go north or south (from when we lived at Paragon Plaza on EDSA). I've gotten so used to Nashville now though. It's becoming home more and more.

    ReplyDelete