10.31.2010

"Real Food"

I've been in America for a year now, and every so often I crave for, in my opinion, "real food". It's not that America does not have real food, but I want to eat what I grew up eating. If an American went to India, after a few days of tandoori, bhaji and chutney, he or she would probably want a burger, pizza, pasta or a salad.


And sometimes I just want the food I grew up with -- Indian food the way only Mama can make it, then there's Filipino food like chicken barbecue and java rice, and yummy Asian food like sushi and kimchi. Thank God for friends who know how to make Filipino food, and for Indian restaurants and Mama's special recipe book just for me, which I do need to start using again!

Everyone has there own version of "real food," and I love mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment